Independent Client Relationship Audit
Client relations, by David Hunt
I am terrible at receiving critical feedback, even when I’m sure it is intended to be constructive. In my defence I witness the passion, commitment & expertise of our teams, and take responsibility for their endeavours. Regardless, I know there is always room for improvement and as such Havas Lynx recently commissioned an independent study into our client partnerships, weaknesses and strengths.
Overall, the results were very positive, with all participants having both a high opinion of us, and a high intention to continue to partner with us.
The top-line results included:
- 100% think that Havas Lynx are pretty or very responsive
- 100% would recommend Havas Lynx
- 100% would envisage working together over the next twelve months
An executive summary by the auditors can be reviewed here.
More importantly, where can we improve:
- As expected, given the fiscal pressure across the industry, we need to improve our financial rigour. Not necessarily reduce costs, but better explain them at the outset, provide financial commentary throughout and overall increase simplicity & transparency.
- We need to get better at saying, “No”. The industry is increasingly complex, and I’m determined we become the communications agency that the specialists want to work with, by recognising our limitations and acknowledging their expertise.
- We need to improve our creative product, which I entirely agree with. We’ve already appointed Tom Richards as Chief Creative Officer, with further investment to follow. As always, our goal is to be the best and we will get there sooner than expected.
Finally, I’m very grateful for the time and insight, from the participants. We exist in a busy world, so it is good to know our partners are also committed to our programme of continual improvement.
Leave a Reply